Our adoption process:
- Fill out and submit a form on our website.
- Contact your veterinarian to inform the vet’s office that our group will be contacting them.
- We will contact your personal references as well as your vet.
- We will conduct a home visit prior to approval to ensure it’s a safe environment for the dog.
- Finally we will contact you to inform you if you have been approved for the adoption.
- After you have been approved for adoption, we will allow you to meet the dog in-person.
- If you decide to finalize the adoption, then you will be asked to fill out a final adoption agreement form and pay the fee by cash or check.
Every one of our dogs hopes for a loving home to show them love and care. Most of our dogs have been rescued from local high-kill pounds. All of our dogs are:
- Spayed or neutered
- Given up-to-date vaccinations and medication
- Tested for heartworm
- Given love and attention from their foster homes
- Taught good doggie manners like house training
Because every dog is different, and most of our dogs are homeless strays, we cannot guarantee breed, weight, age of dogs or the final adult size of puppies. Putnam Pet Pals also adopts to indoor homes only. We believe a family pet should be just that, a part of your family. Most undesirable behavior comes from boredom and a lack of attention.
Adoption fees may vary for each dog depending on any special need cases.